But in 57 minutes, it will be Sunday.
At any rate, when did I post last? I think it was either Monday or Tuesday, but I don't feel like expelling the energy to actually hop back onto my blog and see. I'm lazy like that, you see. So I will start from one of those days.
*sound of deep thinking*
So Wednesday went well. I mean, if something bad had happened, I think I would have remembered it, so I am going to say that it went fine. That evening, Jessica had choir practice, so we went down to the church and she practiced and I ran and the kids played. I'm going to stick Thursday in this paragraph too because I don't have a whole lot to say about it. (Is this why moms don't generally blog - they can't remember anything?)
Friday was yesterday (yes, it was!) and I should be able to remember it. Josh, Katrina, and I made green jello. And ate it. All of it. I was impressed. I was cleaning up the supper stuff and I realized that they had eaten all of it. I guess they liked it. And we cleaned the house (and I use "we" in the sense of "I," predominantly.)
And then we get to today. (Have you gotten the sequential flow yet? Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, just like we learned in kindergarten?)
***********Wheep!! Wheep!! I'm back!!***************
Yep, ladies and gentlemen, I did it again: I started a blog post, I got halfway done, I got distracted, and I left the blog post and went to bed. My excuse for such obvious neglect was because it was then shortly after midnight and I felt the need to get some sleep. BUT, I am also lazy (see sentence four of this post...), so I decided to not edit it so that it was written from today's perspective. Anyhow...starting where we left of...
Today - or rather, Saturday - was the game night. You know the drill - homeschooled teens get together to, well, socialize. It was really cold out. According to weather.com, with the wind chill, it felt like it was 7 degrees out there. However, weather.com was not playing freeze tag. Weather.com was not being tagged in a game of Fox and Geese. It was sitting in warmth somewhere in the tropics. So, please understand that, although I have the highest regard for weather.com, I think that it was off by about 20 degrees. It was cold.
After playing the aforementioned games (and freezing), we clunked inside, melted, and ate some food. This is where I must tell a story about the food. To make things different, we decided that the boys had to bring the food. They did and it was all good. But half the boy population didn't come because they'd had a previous commitment (and that would be the R___s*, for those of you who know.) Anyhow, Saturday afternoon, a mysterious car pulled up the driveway. I peeked out the window and was struck with terror - it was the R___ boys. (*this is where the scary drum music comes in*) I called up the stairs in panic, and Jessica came to my aid. It was the two oldest boys, and they, out of the goodness and kindness of their hearts, had made a soup for the game night gathering, even though they couldn't come (it was their mother's idea). They had also written a poem explaining the soup-making process. Both were enjoyed by everyone later that evening.
Then we engaged in some indoor activities, such as restarting the fire which had gone out while the adults occupied the house, playing Swap (or is it Slap?), an intense couple rounds of musical chairs, and a violent game of Mix Up the Fruit Basket.
Today (you know, if I keep procrastinating, this could get very long. I plan on publishing it today, anyhow.) was church and it has gone fine so far. I am eating lunch (yes, I'm working through lunch...anything for you, my dear readers!) and have plans to do some cleaning and food preparation. So I am going to sign off here. Thanks for reading!
*Pardon the blank line after R... I try to keep last names off my blog, and I have always wanted to put that little line after some one's initial like they do in books.
1 comment:
Thanks for the review about the game night! It was nice to get a little recounting of what happened. As far as the poem by *those people* - I would be very interested in reading that, if that was public information. Could you email it to me, maybe? Thanks :) Survive and enjoy . . . haha
Post a Comment