Thursday, November 27, 2008

Meanwhile, back in New York....

....our heroine is still juggling everything--kids, laundry, meals, dishes, school, and changing bed sheets--with the skill and grace of a professional. Riiight.

Anyways, it's Jess here again. I guess it's about time for another update! I'll see if I can cover some of what we've been doing:

School. Hosanna and Joanna have so far not needed any help with their schoolwork, which makes me more than a little suspicious. Especially because it takes them roughly 32 seconds to finish for the day. They assure me, though, that if Mama were here, she would say they were finished. Whatever.

Joshua and Katrina and I have been doing a lot of coloring. Very educational, really. Josh and I are working in the Bible Stories workbook from Rod and Staff, and today we did the one about Jonah. (Mama, you'll know which one I mean--it's the one where you cut out Jonah, and stick him into the boat, the waves, the fish, etc. I think I remember you doing it with me!)

Katrina and I understand each other quite well, as long as neither of us tries to talk. This morning, I was trying to teach Katrina her colors:

Katrina: (coloring a picture of a cow) Cow eat grass!
Me: And what color is the grass?
Katrina: Boo. (Blue)
Me: Actually, it's supposed to be green.
Katrina: [proceeds to color it orange].

Baths. Believe it or not, I managed to give BOTH Katrina and Josh a bath. (This was after the neighbors started calling to complain about the smell....)

Other Things: They've all been playing Indians lately, which actually works out quite well for me. This is because I've discovered that these particular Indians are very good at filling the wood box!

I'm trying to keep up on piano practicing, which is going okay. The scales are getting more complicated. (To give you an idea, let me just say that the one I'm learning now involves doing back flips on the piano bench).

Oh, and right now I'm sitting in the airport, waiting to catch my flight to Hawaii.....

2 comments:

P.C. said...

I think that would be going AWL not MIA. :)

Anonymous said...

Very funny! I have no idea which is correct--I'm not very good with military terms...or have I mentioned that before?! :)