So anyhow, we drove up to the Blue Springs park, and walked around looking at the lovely Spanish moss, feeling the warm air, enjoying a snow-less climate, and eating manatee pemmican. Then, we ate supper which was spaghetti with manatee meatballs. Following that, we once again went to bed. Those of you who remember when we went to Allegany State Park will also recall all required to get ready for bed and/or go to bed. This cabin had an indoor bathroom, with shower! It was such a nice cabin that Grandma Suzy had to reserve it in July. Unfortunately, the mosquitoes reserved in April, and they confiscated our cars, too. I have a bite to prove it.
After a picnic lunch (any guesses at what we ate?) and fighting off a hungry and hostile squirrel, we hopped in our cars and drove up to Silver River State Park. This is a Cabin Castle. It is huge. It has a porch that goes halfway around, and a refrigerator and shower and stuff like that. We are planning to have our Thanksgiving Dinner today with three other relatives and a friend. I hear the menu includes mashed potatoes, squash, desert, and smoked manatee…
P.S.No, we didn't really eat manatees.
P.P.S. Yes, Jess, I know...I'll get people pictures up here hopefully tomorrow.
5 comments:
Hi Guys! How was the Silver River State Park? Did you like the manatees?
Hi! How were the Manatees?
From Hosanna: The squirrel is really, really cute, and it's cool that you could see real manatees. The cabins sound really nice.
From Joanna: no comment :)
From Joshua: That was cool seeing real manatees!
Joshua is also convinced that the squirrel is eating a banana, and Katrina says the Spanish moss is, and I quote: "Awwww....so cuuuute!" Whatever.
Thanks for posting pics and keeping us up to date. And I didn't believe the eating manatee thing--I know Grandma Suzy better than that!! She would never let you do that. :)
Yay Josh...you were right! I gave the squirrel a dried banana chip thing so he would get off the cookie bag and go away. I kid you not, he was running all over our food, and he tried to bite us if we tried to make him go away.
Ok Jess, now it's your turn to blog :)
He was right?! That's too funny!
Alright, I'll try!
Post a Comment