Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Easter and Being Sick

So maybe you don't want to read this, but what good is being sick if you can't complain about it? :P

Easter was good. We had breakfast at church, and then had the Easter cantata. That went well...except for some major technological difficulties at the beginning. (Specifically, a small but important piece of equipment stopped working, but Mr. Arnold was able to find a replacement. Also, we went through 4 DVDs before finding one that would record.) But we got it figured out (wait, we? Mr. Arnold figured it out. I just stood there and tried to look helpful). Then, we went to Uncle Steve's for supper. Aunt Martha was sick, so she stayed upstairs. After supper, we went to some friends house and ate pie and stuff, and played some games. We played Reubo. Reubo is what happens when you're trying to play slapjack, but you only have Uno cards and no one can remember how to play, so Reuben makes up the rules. It was interesting.

Then, Monday evening (was that last night?), we had the Awana awards ceremony. This signifies the end of Awana for the year. We had a good year. I helped with the T and T girls this year, as well as leading games for part of the time. Oh, and since a certain Sparkie leader happened to be gone, I helped the Sparks during handbook time.

Last night around 1 am, Katrina puked. And thus began the Flu of April 2011. It's been a long time since we had a family-wide flu epidemic (well, last I knew, 2 kids and Daddy were still healthy, but yeah.), but we appear to be having one now. Typically, I get the flu 2 or 3 times worse than everyone else, and it certainly appeared to be true as I found myself throwing up for the 9th time at about 7 am, but since that time, I've been improving. I can drink water, and I'm slowly eating some frozen fruit. I think that the others are also improving, but I slept pretty much all day so I don't really know.

Anyhow, that's the news for today.

3 comments:

Nadea said...

ouch - sorry to hear that you've been sick! Hope you feel better soon ...

Gryphon said...

get well soon!

Erika said...

Thanks, you two :)