Thursday, April 15, 2010

A Blog Post

I'm starting to get a compulsive-blogging feeling, brought on mainly by the fact that I haven't blogged in 16 days. So here is an update, with promises to blog again. Next week. With pictures. Yep :)

I ought to put something, like a paragraph, in here about Easter, mostly because it happened and this blog documents happenings for those of you who are fortunate unfortunate enough not to be here with us. We had some of my mom's relatives over, and had a nice time visiting with them. We also did some church things, namely, a church breakfast, and a cantata by the choir (said cantata involved several of us who sang in the choir, did sign language along with one of the songs for a special effect, and ran the sound system and videotaping).

Last weekend, our friend Kim had a birthday party :) About 8 girls went over to her house for a sleepover. We had a fun time playing some games and talking. The next day, our Awana club had its 2nd annual in-house olympics. We've been practicing the games for it for several weeks, and all the clubbers did well. I was the line leader for the Green Team. We came in fourth place, but we still had fun. The Blue Team came in first, and that was the team with Hosanna and Josh, with Jessica as a leader.

A few evenings ago, Jessica and I headed to town. She had a political meeting, and then she was going to the college library to do some research and read a book that she has to read for college. I went along because I wanted a change of pace. We parked at the White Inn, which is where the political meeting was, and then walked down to the ATM machine that was at the drive-through bank. Jessica hopped from sidewalk crack to sidewalk crack. I considered walking the opposite direction. After the bank, she headed back to the White Inn, and I strolled down to the park and sat on a bench and did my math. After I started getting goosebumps (why did I not bring a jacket? I asked myself), I headed into the library. Then I did several more lessons of math.

(Okay, okay, okay...the last sentence is a total lie. I didn't even open my math book. I have a book at the library that I read every time I go there -- it's taken me several months and I'm not even halfway -- so I read that instead. Sigh. Doing several lessons of math sounds a lot better, though...)

The library closes at 8:00. Jessica was supposed to drive down and get me before then, but I could tell the librarians were ready to close, so I put my book back, grabbed my math, and walked back to the White Inn (which was an adventure all to itself...however, since I don't feel like posting *that* on my blog for the world to see, if you're interested, just contact me somehow). I got to the van before Jessica did. So of course there was only one thing to do: hide in the back and say "Hello, ma'am," in a low voice, to scare her. I need to work on my guy-voice...

Next stop....the college library. I figure that I'm the only person ever to do Algebra 1 there. It was interesting to see the college kids. Jessica made the observation that college students are not nearly as mature as she thought they would be (I guess she would know). That explains why she was hopping on sidewalk cracks again. But I still had to act like a mature highschooler. :P

And then, McDonalds. We were hungry, and Starbucks was too expensive. So we got some food and located a table and sat there and did our respective school work. I felt much better about doing my Algebra 1 there, as opposed to a college. Colleges seem to have a pervading atmosphere of intellectual things, like trigonometry. In McDonald's, however, the pervading atmosphere is one such that Algebra 1 ranks quite near the top -- possibly above the top-- of intellectual-ness. It made me feel better about myself, is what I think I'm trying to say.

Several tables away from us (and on the other side of a wall) was a table at which Bill, Jane, Doris, and Mark were sitting. I am pretty sure that is what their names were. They had several very interesting (and somewhat loud) conversations, on politics, space, health, and so on. Finally, toward the end, we hard on of them say, "How do we get out?" We could only assume that these four people (and they were all the "senior citizen" age) had been sitting in McDonald's for quite some time; days, even; potentially weeks, unable to locate the exit. At that point, it had gotten fairly late, so we went home.

So that about brings us up to speed. Add in school work and the sundry activities that we're involved in, and you've pretty much got it. And I think that wraps up the post for today, folks!

No comments: