Today has gone by smoothly...a total breeze...time passed quickly, the kids were perfect angels and never were noisy...Katrina didn't wet...
Okay, so maybe that's not entirely accurate. Want the real story?
Well, they left this morning at 3:58. I stayed awake for a while (an hour, an hour and a half, maybe), and was woken up at 7:30 by Katrina proclaiming, "I wet! I wet!" Daddy took care of that, though. Then we sped through breakfast, and the kids did their cleaning chores. By 9:00, they were just starting schoool. As we were starting school, Daddy said, "Where's my paper?" (on which he had written down all the kids' schoolwork). Hosanna said aside, to me, "He's as bad a Mamma is...I found the Bible answer book, in a folder. Actually, it was on my desk." The girls did their school fine. They needed some help in the afternoon.
Josh and Katrina alternated between being naughty, playing toether, being with Daddy, taking baths/showers, and napping. The food co-op order was early; it came at 5:40, instead of our projected 6:00 ETA. We still made it to AWANA early. They had all the fire trucks, police cars, and vans in the parking lot. The policemen and EMTs and so forth talked to us all (T and Ts, Sparkies, and Cubbies) in the sanctuary. One of the men, the police chief (I forgot his name), spoke for a couple minutes, explaining that just as it was important for policemen to wear their vests and weapons, it is important for us as Christians to wear our "armor." At about 7:00, we all walked around the parking lot, looking at the trucks and talking to the men. The Burkes, Meders (just DJ and his wife and daughter), Rich Kennedy, and Don Moore were there who I recognized. I found out what a storch is.
We (T and Ts) did not have game time, but the Sparkies did, so I watched them. It was cute...they did the "Central, South, North America" game (aka State Game), only they had a police car, fire truck, and ambulance as their areas. After the T and Ts and Cubbies were dismissed, we collected ourselves and our stuff and went home.
Anyhow, I have a question for Mamma: Why are we storing the onions in the cocoa bucket? Just curious.
And we have heard from Jessica. They are indeed in TN, and Jessica did sign waving this afternoon. She didn't really say much else. I can't think of much else to say, so I shall close for now. One down, 6 to go!
**P.S. If any of this doesn't make sense to you, it may be because I wrote it with Mamma and Jessica in mind and you may not be either!**
1 comment:
Sounds like...fun!! You may not know this, but I gave Katrina a gallon of water before I left so that she would do that to you! Just kidding....
And I do not know why the onions were in with the cocoa, but it was definitely not my doing. :)
Post a Comment