Thursday, December 5, 2013

Hello, people

Well, I've managed to top my own expectations! I am actually writing a second post...certain people *coughjessicacough* should take note. And then follow my example. Hint, hint.

Ahem, anyway...

Today I went sky diving, rescued three extinct animal species, and learned another language.

Okay, maybe not quite. To be honest, I'm actually having a rather wonderful vacation/visit, but it hasn't been thrilling blog post material...

Here are a few of the things I've been doing.

1. Sketching (I've actually done more drawing in the last week than I have in probably six months)
2. Reading
3. Cooking/baking
4. Watching cool movies
5. Jogging
6. ...eating? ...sleeping?

Besides the scary dog that started barking at me from behind a somewhat flimsy looking fence while I was out jogging, the most frightening thing that's happened to me was forgetting to bring conditioner. (And believe me, that is frightening.)

My oldest sister is currently working her last full day at a certain grocery store. She's had to work for the last few days, which is why I've basically amused myself. Oh, and I have been a model guest. I've even done dishes. And laundry. (Granted, it was my laundry - but still.) Oh, oh...I also vacuumed. Be proud.

Here's where we interrupt the show to get a quote from Ardee, live and in person. (Yes, that is a real name [and a real person], and no, it's not short for Arthur.)

"...that's not assault and battery; that's a blender."

I'm not sure what the context is here, folks, but these words must be words of wisdom indeed. I believe the lesson we should take from this is never, ever use your blender as a weapon. But if you do, it won't count, because it's just a blender. I think this is for all you moms out there who occasionally wish you could throw kitchen utensils at your husband when he's watching the football game and you're doing dishes. (For the record, I don't endorse throwing kitchen utensils at anyone, even football-watching guys.)

Okay...

So yes. Tonight Jessica tells me I'll be doing fun stuff like helping her make supper, and then tomorrow, we'll be getting ready for the rest of my family to descend. They're eagerly anticipating the warmer (35 degree) weather.

That's all for today!

-Annetta








No comments: