Friday, October 5, 2012

Random Funniness

I'm procrastinating on my homework...that is if you can procrastinate on something you haven't started yet.

So...we're over a quarter of the way through the fall semester. I have hopes of doing a "Day in the Life of a Commuting College Student Named Erika," but until that happens, here's a post I've wanted to do for a while. Picture this: you're sitting in class, and it's boring. You're studiously taking notes like the perfect little angelic student you are as your prof drones on an on. Suddenly! he says something funny! Your senses are jarred-- there is Personality and Humor here within the safe confines of your classroom! Before you know it, you're snickering, and then you quickly jot down the quip he just said before you continue taking notes. And today, I am sharing these quotes with you...one prof at a time. And then I have a special link for you.

From World History 2, I bring you Prof Beardsley!
-random student in class, talking to Prof Beardsley about Jordan :"What did he just say? He says a lot of stuff that I don't understand and you agree with!"
-Prof Beardsley: "Mmm, yeah, polygamy...that's problematic!"
-Prof Beardsley on arranged marriages: "One of your classmates comes in with his parents and throws some chickens and cows at your parents and the next thing you know, you're engaged to be married! ...That is awkward!"

Epic and Romance:
-"You may think college life is quite epic - but do you have to kill monsters?"
-"You swallow a pregnant woman [and] you have a problem!"
-"He's naked - he's like a pickle, basically."

Western Civilization, Dr. Arnold:
"...and while [Alexander the Great] was there, he was conveniently named a god by an oracle..."
"I don't know why I like to say Alcibiades - I just do."
"Become a geek - you'll love it!"

And Mr. Skinner from Introductory Sociology:
"When I was a little boy-- this would be sometime between the discovery of radiation and dirt--..."
"This is a really bad [photograph], because security guards were chasing me all over and I was furtively taking pictures."

Funny quote from Jordan: "I have glue remover, but it doesn't work on cement!"

The only class not represented here is Political Science. It is the most boring and confusing class in the entire history of my education. I sit and try to paste an expression onto my face whenever he glances my direction. The subliminal message I try to send with these facial expressions is along the lines of "I'm actually alive" "Oh wow! That was so interesting!" or "Fascinating. I wonder why it did that." What I am actually thinking, underneath said facial expressions is "I wonder how asleep I can be before I'll actually fall asleep" "I have no idea what he just said" to "he just asked if anyone has questions...would he be offended if I asked him to repeat the entire lecture? The entire semester of lectures thus far?" So with that in mind, I think you'll understand why I have no humorous ditties. In Fenton 168, humorous ditties flee, crying, when Prof Jankowski walks in the room.

And for the funny link. Backstory: those of you at the game night on Friday might remember me saying that I'd put up a link in lieu of explaining the story to you there, as it might sound a tad sketchy. This a guy's guide to wearing shorts. Lydia, Hosanna, and I were sitting together when I found this, and we about died laughing at the last one "Not even shorts?" So the joke on Friday was that I saw a student wearing bright green fluffy boot/shoe things, and I looked at them and thought to myself, "Not even shoes?" Here's the link: http://www.primermagazine.com/2011/spend/primers-complete-visual-guide-to-mens-shorts

4 comments:

Allyson Rae said...

HAHAHA Beardsley is hilarious. I had him a few semesters ago, where discussed, at length, the way Hitler shot himself in the rear. Even in a lecture hall, that man can command hilarity.
Who are you taking E&C with? I adore the English dept. faculty so much :)
Also, pretty sure I saw you the other day in Fenton. Probably on your way to or from Poli Sci because you did not look enthused. :D

The Thimble said...

haha that was great! Thanks for the post...so much fun to read about your goings on. ok, Jordy can do better than that...what about when he said (a hand gets slapped over Thimbles mouth.)
Missing you! (ahhh, that sounded like I was missing Jordy!! Awkward!) Well, fine, I meant Erika, but if it makes you feel better Jordy, maybe I could TRY and miss you a little ;)

Erika said...

Allyson: haha yes... Prof Beardsley has quite the sense of humor! Epic and Romance is with Prof Vanwesenbeek (the woman one...apparently there's another one too? do you know if they're related or married or something?)

Hmm...I am so bad at recognizing people! You should totally say hi if you see me again! Hope your semester is going well :)

Thimble: Awww, I miss you too! And perhaps Jordan misses you as well...we can only speculate. :P

Allyson Rae said...

Yeah, they are married actually. I've never taken a class with either one of them, because I don't do well with accents--a lot of miscommunication haha--but I've heard great things about both of them. :)