Wednesday, May 9, 2012

[snapshot]

I love doing these little snapshot-of-our-day posts. Anyhow, right now, I am baking these cookies, and I just finished baking these cookies. My mom's making supper, my dad's at work, and the rest of the kids are cleaning/doing schoolwork. Except Jessica. She finished her junior year at college yesterday (and I have to add this caveat--technically, I'm not sure if she has all the credits by PHC's standards, but whatever!) and is even now as I type driving home. Actually riding. She and Kevin will be here later on this evening, and then Kevin's family will be coming in later tomorrow night. We're looking forward to hanging out with them over the weekend!

So quite naturally, the last few days weeks have been spent cleaning, cleaning, and...more cleaning! We started with Grandpa's house. That needed a maaaajor cleaning up. Picture an arthritic, elderly man living in a home alone for about 20 years, and just picture the dust...the cobwebs...the grime...the mold in the fridge...the clutter...the dirty clothing... If I were Roman Catholic, I think we'd all deserve sainthood right now. Anyhow, his house looks roughly 14,000 times better. Our house needed some decluttering, some finishing up of painting projects, and mowing of lawns. Plus about a million other things. But now we are down to slightly under a million things left to do!

Historically speaking, we've kept somewhat busy over the past couple weeks, or whenever it was I posted last. Grandpa continues to do better at the nursing home. We hope to bring him home to his house this weekend after his doctor's appointment on Friday.

I'm sure I have a lot of pictures and stuff all begging to be blogged, but they're all upstairs, and I'm not. Okay...I'm taking the last batch of cookies out of the oven, eating a tad (we're waiting on supper proper till Jess and Kevin, aka Sparky, get here) and then making sure that everything's cleaned that needs to be. Adios!

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I'm so happy you posted!! And I was super glad to meet Kevin, and soooo thrilled that Jess is home!!! :D

Nadea said...

Sounds like life has been more than just a little crazy out there! Looking forward too seeing you all soon :D