There...now that we have that out of the way, let me explain to any of you who are still here with me why I dare blog something else.
I'm only about a third of the way through photo editing. Between me and finishing that editing up, I have:
4 Spanish grammar quizzes
1 4-6 page final paper
This blog post is to carry me through till then, because for some reason, blogging keeps me somewhat motivated. Think on the bright side...when you read this, it will mean I'm DONE WITH SPANISH ONE FOREVER AND EVER!!! And also that I will be blogging the DC trip very soon.
So here we go. I have Casting Crowns playing to keep me awake, and I'm tackling Grammar For Week 13 Quiz. It's about pronouns. Tu? Su? Mi? :P
7:04 PM (this being...Wednesday, perhaps?): Quiz 13 es completo! And Jess is helping me with a portion of the paper.)
7:36: Off with Jess... I think I should just get the quizzes out of the way so I can focus on the paper.
Oh. Haha. Guess I skipped a quiz...I did Quiz 13 and skipped Quiz 12. So I'm going to do Quiz 12 instead of Quiz 14. You know, by the time I get these quizzes done, I'm going to have used the word "quiz" an inordinate number of times :P
8:19: ...that quiz was a tad bit harder.
Friday (D-Day), 6:57: Good news for today: I punched out before 3pm today, which is the first time I've done that this week, so that was cool. I finished the quizzes yesterday, except the 4 questions on the last one I'm waiting on until my professor emails me back. So now it's down to me and my paper. I'm up to 561 words, out of roughly 1500. So I have under 1,000 words left.
7:51: Have 611 words written, with 889 left.
8:52: And so now I have a mere 665 words left :D
9:42: I think I'm failing at this. I'm at 614 words left.
10:11: 495 words left. Sometimes it feels like the last couple paragraphs are the killers paragraphs...you don't really have anywhere to go with it.
10:37: 393 words left...you can only repeat the same idea so many times before you start sounding like a parrot. That's what my professor will say: "you had some great thoughts, but you sounded like a parrot. This is not parrot class." whatever.
Suddenly, I had a super idea: include a quote! That's like free words. So I'm quoting some article. Hopefully it's on the same topic and somewhat relevant.
11:10: Okay, I am over the minimum word count, and I am where I wanted to be page-wise. So now I'm just going to MLA-ify everything and submit it! Oh yeah...that quiz...
11:39: Submitted! And then I realized I had forgotten a source, so I submitted it again.
By the way, CocoaNut, thank you for the chocolate you gave me...I consumed it while writing this paper, and I'm sure that it played an integral role in my brain's functioning throughout.
*goes to bed*
4 comments:
¡Felicidades!
that exceeds my comprehension of Spanish ... so blame google translate if something didn't turn out right. (MY intention was to say 'Congratulations!' - like a good friend, you know :o)
Congrats Erika!!! I was barely alive after my 800-1000-word papers!:) But chocolate would have helped SO much...if I had it when I was doing my paper! lol:D
Yay, you posted!!!! I love it :) I'm glad the chocolate helped . . . I should just randomly give you chocolate instead of waiting until your birthday every year :D
It looks painful.
Post a Comment