Tuesday, March 29, 2011

March

The other day, I went out for a walk and took some pictures. It was exciting because most of the snow had melted. Yeah, it *had* melted. Now it's back, but I'm entertaining very hopeful hopes that it's melting again. Don't mind the dreary brown-ness of the pics...just focus on the fact that IT'S NOT SNOW. Yes.



It's a robin. Robins mean that spring is here. For that reason, I like robins a lot.



We have a couple geese that live at the Beaver Pond. Actually, the Beaver Pond dam got a leak in it and the beavers are slackers and haven't fixed it, so the Beaver Pond consists of a pond bed with a few creeks running through the bottom.

9 comments:

P.C. said...

Thank you for blogging. Reminds me of when I was there.
This comment is in part to inform you that blog posts are still read and enjoyed.

Erika said...

Was the Beaver Pond still a pond when you were here? Funny you said that, because while I was walking back there, I was remembering that we walked back when you were here.

And I like getting encouraging comments that tell me that I still have readers :)

P.C. said...

No it was not still a pond. The grass was not as matted either.

Erika said...

Well, I'd look pretty matted too if I had several tons of snow sitting on top of me for several months :P

P.C. said...

True. Though I would like to know about how much pressure each foot of snow high provides per square inch of ground or grass(me).

Erika said...

Would it depend perhaps on the type of snow? Like sometimes it's wet and heavy and dense, and sometimes it's powdery. I think I might be overthinking this. Are giraffes furry? I've been thinking about giraffes this morning.

P.C. said...

Over thinking most likely however I as wondering if it would really have been several tons on top of me if I were laying under it.
Yes it would depend on the type of snow and factors like the amount it was packed by the snow one top. Temperature would also fit in the equation somewhere. However I think that the snow from a few inches of the ground(to compensate for the effect if they of ground temperature) to a height x from the top would have about the same density. (Since it had been packed about as much as it would be with the force available)
I was also thinking that the problem could great fun math problems. I like if is snowing at a rate would would be the equation that would discribe the weight of the snow on the ground at a certain moment. What if the rate or snow fall was change by another rate? ect...

Erika said...

I think my head hurts now. But there wouldn't necessarily be several tons of snow on you, because you have a much smaller area than the bottom of the Beaver Pond.

P.C. said...

I agree that there might not be since I have a smaller area.