Yeah, I think we skipped February this year...the calendars mentioned it briefly, but I don't think it actually happened, if you know what I mean. [EDITED TO ADD: Um, so after I hit "publish," I saw that the publish date was February 28th. Apparently, that's today. I'll just say: as I was writing this blog post, I was under the impression that it was like the beginning of March. And I still think that we skipped February, except for today, probably.] So this is going to be sorta a recap post, for those of you who actually read my blog. My mother doesn't even read my blog, though, so I don't know who that leaves. *coughpleasecommentcough*
February this year involved snow. It came forth from the sky in trillions and trillions of little white splattery things that landed on the road, ground, and any random surface. It also melted and turned into slush, and then froze and turned into ice. Fun driving times. I fishtailed for the first time. My dad doesn't know that part (I don't think), but he doesn't read my blog either, so we're good.
Work. That still happens. Actually, the reason I'm able to type this at 1:49 on a Monday afternoon is because I have today off. It's the first day that I've had off and spent at home in 18 days. Work is exhausting, but I don't hate it, and it's going well. I basically clean rooms, and some days they have me do laundry. I like laundry a lot better than housekeeping. But, the paychecks are nice too. My boss doesn't read my blog either, so I'm free to complain at leisure.
CAP. Yeah, that's still occurring. I'm now a cadet captain, and was asked to be the cadet deputy commander. That was pretty recent, so not a whole lot on that. the WNY Group Cadet Leadership School was this February, and I went. I'm planning on another blog post devoted solely to that, with pictures.
College... Since I'm doing the November-March term, my semester is wrapping up (!!!!!!!!!). This means that I'm doing the sort of stuff that you do to wrap up college semesters. Most classes have things like "finals" or something; I just have to write final papers. Now, I thought for sure that they were both due sometime this week. I have been working on them, just not full blast...with work and other life (see above paragraphs), I just wasn't devoting everything to them. Thankfully, I had been focusing on the English paper. Yesterday, after a long day at work, I went to Bob Evans with my family. Afterward, when we got home, they wanted me to watch a movie with them. I said I would, but that I wanted to check and see when the papers actually were due, to make sure I was okay on them. Imagine my surprise when I found out that the English paper was due that night (yesterday, Sunday). Needless to say, I didn't watch the movie. It got submitted, maybe 10 minutes late, but I do wish I had had more time to work on it...it was pretty weak. But anyhow...the biology paper is due this Friday, so I'll be working on that. It should be a good paper-- I feel pretty good about it.
And then just the normal things: having friends over, seeing friends, doing laundry and cleaning, eating, sleeping, Awana...yeah, stuff like that.
So that's essentially my life in 518 words. *coughpleasecommentcough* :)
7 comments:
I do too read your blog!-Mom
Nice job Erika's Mom!
Congrats on the semester wrapping up!
Snow must have it's good qualities..
....................................
It has poetic value!(I know it is weak,but give me a break!)
Work?This is some sort of foreign concept to me....Oh yes I remember now.It is the act of doing something that painfully pulls you back into reality from the "zone of fun".(unfortunately it is required for most of life so....*sigh*)
Oh...she does reads my blog...I hope this doesn't mean that my boss actually reads my blog too :P
Gryphon...congrats on your first comment!
Duely read.
I am glad you finally got a day off.
You are moving up in CAP way to go. Now you can race for Lt. before some here.
P.S: nice new format on the blog!
Duly commented. :D
No, actually, Elizabeth and I both read this, truly enjoyed it, and laughed. So thank you. I truly appreciate that you blog and tell your devoted readers about your life, unlike some *coughJessicacough* who do not seem it worth their while to be so kind!
Enjoyed this blog, hope you have figured out what month it is now!! Congrats on your CAP accomplishments!
Post a Comment