Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Update

So, Jessica and Erika left. (We still have leftover cake from our party, does anyone want some? And yes, of course we miss them!)

I have been designated official hacker/blogger while Erika is gone, so prepare yourself!

We (the LITTLE kids) had an adventure last night, and since you are all dying to hear about it, I'll be happy to tell you about it. It began when Someone bought a tent. Obviously, since the purpose of a tent is sleeping in it outdoors, we slept in it outdoors.

Wait, I should tell you that this tent is very big. That can be a good thing. Also, have you ever noticed that the bigger a thing is, the more noise it usually makes? (This doesn't apply to Josh and Katrina. I can inform you that Katrina is capable of being as loud or louder than Josh. Yes.)

So, it was windy last night, and we were shocked because it is never windy on the hill. (And yes, that was sarcastic. ) Then it began to Rain. Bucketfuls of water poured into the tent and pretty soon we were floating on three feet of water. Katrina was a little scared, but she learned how to swim fairly quickly. Finally, when the water got to four feet, I heroically ran out into the blinding rain and built a shelter over the tent. Unfortunately the bears were thirsty that night. They had managed to drain the creek dry, (they are big bears), so they decided to tear down the tent.

It was an interesting night. Lydia managed to strangle the bears, and Katrina and Josh were only slightly frightened. (I gave them pom-poms and they became Lydia's cheering team. By the way, do you know how difficult it is to cheer someone on in four feet of water?)

Hosanna and Joanna slept through the whole thing, naturally, and the sun was shining in the morning.

Actually, that was all a lie. Lydia and I decided that since we had nothing really blog worthy, we would stretch the truth only a little.

Okay, so you need to comment and let me know how much of this you believed.

-The Hacker

3 comments:

Nadea said...

Wow, you are some hacker - Annetta, I assume? The story was quite impressive, and a lot of fun to read. My clues to the 'creativity' (read 'lies') began when you were talking about it never being windy ... :D

Glad you had an adventure, anyway! Writing this post, if nothing else :)

Annetta said...

Thank you! Hacking is my specialty! It was definitely an adventure to write but don't tell Jessica. She probably believed every word. :)

gram. s, said...

I believed every word till I got to the bears! I won't tell Julia, and put bears in her mind, or she won't be staying in the tent in June! BTW, maybe you have a future writing childrens books!