Last year, around the first of the school year, I blogged about what I was doing for school that year. This year, I wanted to wait until after I'd worked in it a while. So, not that anyone cares or anything (you're just reading this because you enjoy my writing soooo much that you'd even read it when I talk about schoolwork), I should like to introduce to you my 12th grade work.
Let's start off with...English! (English comes out and takes a bow). I am doing ACE's English IV. I've really enjoyed their English curriculum, which I've done for the previous two years. This year, I am discovering that Macbeth was a creepy guy. Actually, that may not have been their main teaching objective, but it's what I learned! It's cool to think that I am locating objective complements for the last time...till college, anyhow. "Okay, English, you can go back to your location on my green shelf."
Okay, let's bring out my history! I'm doing Abeka's World History and Cultures. I am learning exciting, new things, such as this guy named Julius Caesar! They have also told me about Justinian, who -- along with his bestest buddy forever, Ur Nammu -- ruled an empire of epic proportions. This empire, the Babylonic-Byzantinic empire, was the famous forerunner to the Minoans, and was the birthplace of the famous blind poet, Pericles. Pericles, as you recall, explored China before ransacking India with an army of elephants, besides singing ballads he composed. What a story! But that's not all. I said the B.B empire was the forerunner to the Minoans, so let me tell you about the Minoans. They were called that because they ate minnows. Minnows are small creatures, so the Minoan empire was short-lived, due to the small nutritional intake of the Minoans. Before the Minoan empire was buried by the volcanic eruption of Mt. Vesuvius (which is located in northern Russia, near the capital of the Minoan empire), the Minoans invented the wheel. Unfortunately, it was buried by the eruption, and was left undiscovered until 14 BC, when Pope Pius reinvented it.
Moving on to...Chemistry. Yeah.
Next. Math.
Next. Economics. This is also Abeka, and I haven't done very much in it, as it's a half-year credit. My Foreign Language is also a half-year thing (or I'm going to cram it into a half a year), so I haven't done any of that.
Public Speaking elective... ACE again, and I'm mostly breathing and saying "oooooooohhhhhhhhh" etc.
Goodness, I think that's all. Yeah. And I need to go do some ma*h.
A Post Scriptorium, though: My readers do know that none of the stuff in my history paragraph is true, right? I know that at least one person, not mentioning any names coughjessicacough, would swallow it all, hook, line and sinker.
9 comments:
It is amazing how many all different facts you used to make the untrue history or should I say it is just a meta-narrative and thus a power play.
Riiight...Definitely :)
Loved your history lesson! It sounds like what I learned... let me know how Economics goes for you; I have a book on it that may or may not help. Actually, I think I have a Chemistry book too; not that I actually learned anything from it! :)
Ooh, burn!! I didn't fall for that hook, line, and sinker...just the hook and the line. Besides, it was Pope Pious (note spelling!) the SECOND who invented the wheel.
This is hysterical! I read it to Ted, (who is really into history) and I think he almost died . . . well done!
Peter: I shall take that as high praise. Except I don't know what a meta-narrative is, or a power play B-)
Annie: :)
Bethie: Thank you...I shall keep it in mind. Of course, if I flunk ACE chemistry there's really not that much hope for me!
Jess, I'll keep that spare sinker around here for the next story I invent.
And Nadea (where did you ever come up with that??), I'm glad I gave Ted and you your comic relief for the day!
Nadea is Ukrainian for Hope. And I occasionally come back here and read this just so I can laugh!
nice write-up and pictures Erika, on Grandma's party, and as for the history lesson, I'm reading it and thinking, "man, I don't remember that stuff" ! then when I got to the minnows, I got suspicious, and decided I'd been had!
Katrina in the bag was cute, reminded me of Josh in the dryer!!
You get an A+ for creative writing, at any rate! Nice imagination, Erika. The hook, line, and sinker that you tossed in my direction are all safe for reuse in the future! ;)
Post a Comment