Monday, August 3, 2009

The Long-Awaited Jessica's Graduation Post

The astute among you probably thought to yourselves, a couple weeks ago, "Self! Erika posted senior pictures of Jessica! Therefore, self, this means that Jessica graduated. Therefore, Jessica probably had a graduation party. And self, even better, this probably means that Erika is going to, at some point within the next 400 years, post a blog post about it." Well, astute folks, that time has come. You never thought four hundred years could go by so fast, did you?

We were very happy that our friend Peter was able to come up for the party. He helped us girls with decorating the tent with streamers.

We also set out food. Side not about the food: we still have hamburgers and hamburger buns left.

People began arriving shortly before 3 PM (I resisted the urge to say 1500...but this is, after all, Jessica's post, and she doesn't know 1500 from 0051.) We mingled and ate while waiting for the homeschool/teens group to come so we could play some active games.

(Jess and her cake, which was made by a lady in our church. Jessica likes the color purple...just thought I'd throw that out there.)

(the display table and its admirers)
Then we began games. The highlight was wiffleball, even though we played some other games. Here are some snapshots, some taken by me, and some taken by Elizabeth.
Peter was our scorekeeper/umpire/catcher.

We had several mini-powwows during the game, to figure out details such as rules and scores. I guess Elizabeth took this one, because I'm in it (second from left.) Jessica is third from right.

almost the whole field...
and the opposing team. I don't remember which team won, but I think it was them.

And there goes the ball!

Then we played a game called "Elbow Tag," which does not involve, as one would conclude based upon Reuben's mid-air location, emulating Tigger. Rather, it...involves elbows and tagging people. (I sense eye-rolling.)

And then when it was all over late that night, we were very tired.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ouch. That military time thing was a low blow...I do too know the difference between 1500 and 0051: it's 1449. I'm such a math whiz...I did that without a calculator. (Not saying whether I wrote it down or did it in my head though).

And that picture of me with the cake is basically the worst photo of me ever. And that's saying something. Ugh. I thought you took a couple...didn't any of them turn out better than that?

I love the picture of Reuben up in the air. Hilarious.

And thank you for informing the world that the girl "third from left" is me. What is up with me and weird poses and this blog?? I think you know what other picture I'm referring to.

Ok, that's all. Explain away, or face the consequences when I get home.

Ha ha. (<-- That was to reassure the people who would jump to the erroneous conclusion that I would ever raise a finger against my dear, unsuspecting sister!)

I'd best get back to work...my break is up. The End.

Allyson Rae said...

I like purple too :D

Congrats Jess. It's fun to graduate, isn't it? hehe.

My favorite part of graduating was definitely the whole party thing. Well that and the fact that I'd never be subjected to forcible physical education ever again. But that's another story for another time... :)

Anyway, I think you get the point. Now I want cake--thanks. :D

P.C. said...

Jess I enjoy your 1st paragraph. I also appreciate that you try to ensure that we do not jump to the erroneous conclusion.

The difference between 1500 and 0051 is 1449 if the numbers are base 10.
However the 2nd digit from the right, in of times of day, is not in base ten but base seven. So the answer could be 1409 instead of 1449.

Erika said...

I have definitely seen worse pictures of you (ow). Yes Jess, the picture is great. The pose is fine Jess, just fine!! No, really you (ouch!) look fine! What other bad picture? They all look good!

(ow -- okay, you can stop hitting -- ow-- me now -- oohhh....)

Anonymous said...

Allyson--Forced to do Phys Ed? This sounds like an interesting story!! And you're welcome. :P Cake does sound good actually.

Peter--Here I thought I was so smart...and now I see that I cannot even do a simple subtraction problem. However, to save face, I will say that I was not thinking of it in terms of hours. My understanding of military time is so limited that, you see, I didn't even realize that I was working in terms of hours. But I doubt you will believe that (since I don't either).

Erika--Do I sense sarcasm?! But way to go...now people will really think I am abusive! And I haven't even hit you in a long time. Has it been a week? :)

Yikes, I need to leave for work.

P.C. said...

Correction to my comment it is base 6 not base 7.