Okay, by popular request (okay, okay, one person...whatever...), I present "Have You Ever Wondered What Happens When the Phone Rings?"
(Some parts may be enhanced slightly)
1. Phone rings
2. All members of the family who answer the phone converge around the phone. I use the term "converge" loosely here.
3. A verbal exchange occurs, as follows: "I'll get it!" "No, I'll get it...I got here first!" "That's okay, I'll answer." "I will." (Et cetera)
4. A scuffle ensues, which results in one person grabbing the phone. Said person then rushes into the entry way to render the appropriate greeting (it varies as to who answers), and presses the phone halfway to her eardrum in order to hear the person on the other end above the disappointed chorus of those who didn't get the phone this time.
5. If this side of the conversation sounds interesting, several kids form an audience and hang around listening intently.
6. Once the conversation is over, the phone-answerer is swamped with questions such as: "Who was that?" "What did they say?" "Really?" "Why?" "When?"
7. Life returns to the normal abnormal :)
1 comment:
That is so funny - my family used to do that too. Now we all say "it's ok, you can get it" and half the time goes to the answering machine before someone finally does answer. :)
Post a Comment