Thursday, January 22, 2009

Braces Update

(click to enlarge)

Yup. Got 'em. It was a horrifically traumatic experience that I'd tell you all about, but I don't think my shattered nerves could stand thinking about it :) Actually, it was okay, seeing as how I'm still alive.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Aren't braces just horrible? :P I remember when I got mine. Horribleness... :P Yes, they're a pain to get on. They "cook" little metal things onto your teeth... they push and shove... they keep your mouth open for 30 minutes at a time... yes, it isn't fun. :P
They look good on ya though! :D

~Madison

Erika said...

Oh, yeah...pushing and scraping and shoving and prying your lips open and the pain... We should start a support-group-blog for "Braces Anonymous"!

Thanks for the compliment! :)

Anonymous said...

They look pretty good on you. What day did you get them? My mom said she almost passed out one time when they had to tighten them I think. So I guess they don't feel too good.

Anonymous said...

Hey erika are you on right now?

Laura Bethie said...

Hey I noticed that you had braces on last night, but never had a chance to ask when you got them. They look really good :)

Erika said...

Hey Rachel...no, I guess I wasn't on :) I got them yesterday (Thursday) morning. They're not too bad yet, actually. Tell your mother she fills my heart with hope :P


Yes, Ma'am/Captain/LauraBeth/Bethie/???!!I wondered if anyone else (besides the two that mentioned it) noticed them last night :)

Anonymous said...

Ok. Hopefully they won't feel too bad for you!