Monday, December 8, 2008

And I'm back again!

As I'm sure you have surmised by now, we got back to the Igloo State from the Sunshine State on Wednesday. I think. I'm starting to feel more normal now...it's like having jet lag without the lag, I guess. Our flight came in a bit early, and Daddy had just walked around the corner when we came walking down the ramp into the main part of the airport. So it was different, waking up in Florida, getting on a plane and looking down at green grass, and then landing in a snowy environment. Highlights of my trip include (but are not limited to):

* Touching an armadillo (they live in the wild in northern FL)
*Holding and being bit by a small, harmless lizzard
*Taking bad pictures of Uncle Victor
*Being bereft of my logical thinking faculties long enough to agree to ride upon a horse, which was not equipped with standard equipment, such as a comfortable saddle, safety belts; and both Horse and Trail Guide were also (and I say this with utmost respect and sincerety) crazy
*Seeing no fewer than 7 alligators
*Thanksgiving Dinner
*Having other people do my laundry
*Wearing my manatee socks in the JFK airport terminal, in full view of any passers-by, a very fulfilling experience
*And so on.

I took a lot of pictures, and will hopefully be sharing those with you at a later date, but for now, I needed to get a FL Trip Wrap-Up Post done, so as to give me liberty to post more, exciting news (that last comma is optional).

1 comment:

Emily said...

I so glad that you had a good time--- and that you all had it home safe! :)