Tuesday, June 10, 2008
Braces
I think I shall forego a photo of my braces update. I now have a cricket (which is a bracket on both sides of my lower jaw, connected by a wire, whose purpose is to widen the lower jaw) in my lower jaw, and an RPE (Rapid Palate Expander. Title is pretty self explanatory) on the top of my mouth. When I got my cricket in, they put in 8 separators in my upper jaw, in preparation for inserting the RPE. It still hurt, getting it put in, and the annoying thing is that I take a bite, and about half of it disapears between the roof of my mouth and the RPE. I am also having to relearn how to swallow, chew, and talk. However, Jessica assures me that I should be able to talk normally in a month or so. I'm not sure how long I'll have the RPE and cricket in, but I imagine it will be quite a while.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment